LONDON (August 1, 2018) – IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions, will again host and judge the Innovation Awards at ShowStoppers® @ IFA, the media reception during IFA in Berlin, Germany. The awards will take place on 30 August 2018 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm at the Messe Berlin Fairgrounds, South Hall.
About the awards
The IHS Markit Innovation Awards provide exhibitors at ShowStoppers @ IFA with an opportunity to showcase their leadership, ingenuity and innovation to an audience of key journalists from around the globe.
“Showstoppers continues to be the place where startups and industry leaders break new ground in gear, gadgets, apps and devices, showcasing highly sought-after technologies and tools for work, home and play,” said Dave Leon, partner, ShowStoppers. “The Innovation Awards recognize outstanding design, engineering and vision in products that will define the future for consumer and business users.”
This year’s awards will recognize the most innovative products in the following categories:
- AR, VR and gaming
- Fitness, wearables and health devices
- Mobile accessories
- Mobile computing
- Personal entertainment
- Robotics and drones
- Smart home and appliances
- Video displays and devices
Judges for the awards are renowned industry analysts at IHS Markit who cover the gamut of technology sectors related to each ShowStoppers event:
- Paul Gray, research and analysis director, TV, consumer electronics and devices
- Jusy Hong, research and analysis director, smartphones
- Daniel Knapp, PhD, senior director, media and advertising
- Tom Morrod, research director, consumer, displays, media, security and telecom
- Ken Park, research and analysis director, TV, consumer electronics and devices
- Roeen Roashan, senior analyst, healthcare technology
- Gerrit Schneemann, senior research analyst, smartphones
- Bing Zhang, research and analysis director, TV, consumer electronics and devices
Benefits for award winners
Category winners receive an IHS Markit Innovation Award display trophy and are featured in a news release issued by IHS Markit and ShowStoppers.
Awardees also receive a digital award badge for use on their company website and may be featured in promotional activities during and after IFA such as photos, celebratory comments and social media posts.
Award application process
Exhibitors at ShowStoppers can apply for an award and obtain more detailed information by visiting http://awards.showstoppers.com/
Companies may submit up to three candidate products, technologies or services for IHS Markit Innovation Awards. IHS Markit and ShowStoppers have agreed to an embargo on any announcements that should not be made public prior to the awards.