WASHINGTON, D.C. and AUSTIN, TX., 3 Jan. 2019 — Angel investors and venture capitalists have selected 12 of the hottest companies to take the stage at ShowStoppers® LAUNCHIT, the eighth-annual official “pitch” event for startup companies that exhibit at Eureka Park during CES 2019.
“ShowStoppers LAUNCHIT” is a 2019 CES Press Day Power Session scheduled for Monday, January 7, 2:30-4:30 p.m. at Mandalay Bay, one day before the CES show floor opens.
Working with the Consumer Technology Association, which produces CES, ShowStoppers LAUNCHIT helps entrepreneurs and startups raise early seed capital by selecting from the more than 1100 young, innovative, transformative and entrepreneurial startups that exhibit in Eureka Park, a marketplace within CES where retailers, venture capitalists, manufacturers and others will find entrepreneurs launching new products, services, apps and ideas.
The 12 finalists include consumer products, Fintech, medical devices, transportation and electronics/instrumentation startups from seven countries:
- FenSens – San Francisco, CA., USA — The world’s first wireless parking sensor and app. An affordable upgrade for any car. Installs in less than five minutes, no wires, and hands-free app.
- Loop Earplugs – Antwerp, Belgium — An earplug for music that reduces decibels and looks fantastic. Available in five hot colors, Loop lets wearers avoid tinnitus without looking like a dork.
- Mitte – Berlin, Germany — The first of its kind smart home water system that turns any water into mineral water.
- Moasure – Warwick, United Kingdom — Building the future of measuring.
- Padrone – Zug, Switzerland — A beautiful ring replacing the computer mouse and turning into the ‘mouse’ and ‘keyboard’ for augmented reality for office.
- Pigzbe – London, United Kingdom – A ˜piggy-wallet™” that teaches children ages 6+ the building blocks of modern money management.
- QT Medical Inc. – Torrance, CA., USA — Better health care by innovation.
- Tempdrop – Kfar Saba, Israel — A sleeping temperature sensor, app and web dashboard that allows women to accurately track their cycles without waking up.
- Waverly Labs – New York, NY, USA — At the convergence of speech translation and wearable technology, developing Pilot, the world’s first smart earpiece language translator.
- Waycare – Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel — AI-driven mobility solutions for smart cities.
- WeatherCheck – Louisville, KY., USA — Exclusive premise-specific monitoring for severe weather damage, 24/7/365, with automatic notification and documentation to support insurance claims.
- Y-Brush – Lyon, France — Automatically deep cleans your teeth the way dentists recommend in just 10 seconds.
This year’s judges are:
- Nicholas Zaldastani, managing director, Zaldastani Ventures and a Mentor Capitalist leveraging his venture capital and serial entrepreneurial experiences.
- Marita McGinn, manager of hardware products, Indiegogo, an international crowdfunding platform.
- Philippe Wieczorek, directeur du groupe Logiciel – Minalogic innovation cluster. Based in Grenoble, France, Minalogic is a global innovation cluster for digital technologies in the Auvergne Rhone-Alps Region that brings together more than 400 members, a vast majority of SMEs (80%), large corporations (15%) and startups; 12 research centers and universities; 15 local government agencies, 16 economic development organizations, banks and private investors.
- Sharona Justman, a businesswoman known for connecting companies and leaders to align in creating rich opportunities for business. She co-founded STEP Strategy Advisors, an advisory firm focused on technology and consumer products, providing strategic planning and acquisitions advisory to facilitate expanding the growth of companies through market entry expansion planning and execution.
The winning company is invited to demonstrate and meet with more than 1,300 journalists expected to attend ShowStoppers @ CES, the press event that takes place Tuesday, January 8, at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas.