Liquet Technologies rolls out the next standard of care for cataract surgery

Liquet Technologies has the device that is going to be the next standard of care for cataract surgery.

In 2021, Liquet Technologies was formed and spun off from MED-LOGICS Inc. to take the novel cataract technology developed by MED-LOGIS, make the necessary advancements to the next iteration of the device, and introduce it to the global cataract market under the Liquet Technologies brand.

Over the next year, Liquet Technologies will roll out a standard device for cataract surgery, known as Phacoemulsification, called the WAVE Phaco. The device will be distributed in 43 countries to build the Liquet Technologies brand. Within the next two years, Liquet Technologies will introduce the CataPulse Enterprise, a novel cataract removal technology that uses less invasive energy than what’s currently used in developed countries.

The CataPulse Enterprise will utilize a novel, patented technology called High-Frequency Pulsed Vacuum, which will treat about 90% of cataract patients and use mechanical ultrasound as a feature of the device to treat the remaining 10% of patients that have the hardest types of cataracts. Most importantly, the CataPulse will virtually eliminate the risk of infection when performing cataract surgery on both eyes during the same surgical day, which is something that’s considered too risky with the current standard of care for cataract surgery. This will lower cost, increase capacity, and open the market to the 120 million people that are affected by cataracts.

Neuralert is the 1st non-invasive device to automate stroke detection and automatically generate alerts

Neuralert Technologies is developing a lightweight, non-invasive, wristband device designed to automate stroke detection and immediately generate an alert which speeds treatment and improves outcomes.

Developed at the University of Pennsylvania Health System, Neuralert consists of a pair of non-invasive, wearable devices placed on the wrists. These devices contain accelerometers and continuously monitor for asymmetric arm movement/weakness, a telltale indication of stroke.

The bands transmit telemetry to a patented algorithm which rapidly processes the data. This algorithm also models out non-stroke asymmetry such as hand dominance, eating, talking on the phone, etc. When stroke asymmetry is detected, a secure text-based alert is immediately sent to attending medical staff if used in a medical facility.

For the individual consumer, the device alerts the wearer via a visual and haptic indicator. The wearer can disable the alarm if aid is unnecessary. If not disabled in time, the system automatically notifies medically trained on call service representatives or the In Case of Emergency contact who will triage the emergency.

Proven in multiple clinical trials to detect stroke in as little as 15 minutes Neuralert was designated by the FDA as a Breakthrough Technology Device last year. We expect to complete development and seek FDA approval as a Class II De Novo medical device this year and begin commercial operation in 2023. www.neuralerttechnologies.com #Neuralert #Stroke