ShowStoppers registration criteria for working press and industry analysts
Showstoppers invites and admits only qualifying journalists working at print, TV and radio business, technology, consumer-electronics and consumer media; selected and qualifying bloggers; qualifying industry analysts; and qualifying members of investment banks and venture capital firms.
- Showstoppers is a private event.
- Showstoppers is an invitation-only event.
- Showstoppers events are NOT open to the public.
- A tradeshow press badge is NOT an invitation.
- A tradeshow press badge does NOT grant the holder automatic admission to Showstoppers.
- Showstoppers does NOT accept registrations with email addresses from yahoo.com, netzero.com, hotmail.com, and other free services that have nothing to do with a publication, TV or radio station. We require a publication-based email address.
- Showstoppers does NOT accept registrations with email addresses from msn.com, compuserve.com, aol.com and other generic services that have nothing to do with a publication, TV or radio station. We require a publication-based email address.
- Showstoppers reserves the right to require verification that you are working media. In some cases, we may ask you to provide a copy of a published article with your byline, a publication masthead listing you as a contributor or staff member, a video or audio tape, or a letter on official stationary from your publisher or broadcast producer. When in doubt, contact Steve at least TWO WEEKS prior to the event, or bring a copy of an article to on-site registration.
- Showstoppers reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who does not comply with these policies.
- Showstoppers reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who does not meet our press-qualification criteria.
Camera and recording crews are welcome to attend Showstoppers. Each member of the crew is required to register separately. Contact Steve to set this up.
Online media & blogs
Submit a link to an online masthead and an article with your byline that appeared within the past three months. Send this to Steve.
Submit a letter on letterhead from an editorial contact at a publication indicating that you are covering the tradeshow for that publication. Send this to Steve.
At the specific request of sponsors, Showstoppers events are NOT open to non-editorial members of User Groups.
When in doubt
When in doubt, email or send via USPS a copy of a RECENT article. When in doubt, bring a copy of a RECENT article to on-site registration. Send this to Steve.
We will not admit
At the request of our sponsors, Showstoppers events are NOT open to:
- Registrations that do not include a working URL.
- Registrations that do not include a working email address.
- Personal and non-press Web site writers, editors and/or creators.
- Personal and non-press Bloggers.
- Blogs and Web sites that exist only to aggregate and republish coverage that originates from other sources.
- Production companies.
- Boyfriends, girlfriends, significant others.
Anyone can post a blog. Anyone can post to a blog. That does not make you a reporter, journalist or industry analyst. Just like driving fast does not make you a professional driver of race cars.